This week’s best new music releases include –
- Betty Who released her very pop and perfect sophomore album “The Valley”. It contains various 80s and 90s hooks mixed with some great electronic drops and was honestly quite decent first listen.
- The other anticipated release however has Mozart and Beethoven and Bowie and all other music legends shaking in their graves and that’s not a compliment. The new Iggy Azalea… thing, it’s not pleasant.
- London Grammar does what they do best, and releases a spectacular, stunning track to go with their sophomore album (the title’s just as gorgeous). The album comes on June 9th.
- David Guetta teams up with Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne to demonstrate what a “trashy” banger can be. This contrast between the two dominant female rappers isn’t doing well for the lesser side.
- This week’s other album releases seem to be a bit of an uneventful throwback as well. Take That and James Blunt is as interesting as it gets.
- Remy Ma makes the Mariah Carey single that we forgot about sound a bit more interesting.
- Katy Perry. Just kidding, next week though. Please.
A playlist of all songs mentioned (and some more) can be found below. Want to be the first to be informed on any news and new music in the pop world? Join the leading pop music and culture site fotpforums.com now!